The teaching staff of the department conducts the research work entitled “Surgical treatment of high-energy lower extremity injury".
The main lines of investigation:
1. Improvement of the diagnosis and surgical treatment of acetabular fractures.
2. Investigation of X-ray anatomy of the proximal femur and a method of minimally invasive osteosynthesis of the femoral neck.
3. Improvement of the diagnosis and treatment of fractures of the pelvis.
4. Investigation of the role and place of minimally invasive osteosynthesis in the surgical treatment of diaphyseal fractures of the tibia.
5. Substantiation of the indications for the use of minimally invasive osteosynthesis in patients with fractures of the calcaneus.
6. Investigation of the strength of the systems "bone fragments - implants" on the model of a complex comminuted diaphyseal fracture of the tibia by different methods of osteosynthesis.
There have been developed and implemented in the educational process and practice 7 innovations, namely:
- Hip and knee replacement system "STRYKER".
- Minimally invasive osteosynthesis of femoral neck fractures with cannulated screws.
- Pertrochanteric minimally invasive osteosynthesis of fractures of the femoral shaft gamma.
- Osteosynthesis of the fracture by LSP plates with angular stability.
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee, ankle and shoulder joints.
- Osteosynthesis of fractures of the long bones by locking bars.
- Pertrochanteric osteosynthesis of fractures of the femur by DHS.