The clinical and training sites of the department are:
1. Kyiv City Clinical Hospital No. 8, Department of Orthopedics and Department of Traumatology.
2. Kyiv City Clinical Hospital No. 6, Department of Orthopedics – Traumatology.
3. Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Clinic of Orthopaedics and Traumatology of Childhood and Adolescence.
4. Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Clinic of joint diseases in children and adolescents.
The training sites for internship students are:
- Chernihiv City Hospital No. 2,
- Chernihiv Central City Hospital,
- Zhytomyr Central City Hospital No. 2,
- Korosten Central City Hospital,
- Kyiv City Clinical Emergency Hospital,
- Chernihiv Regional Centre for Emergency Medicine and Disaster Medicine.
The staff members administer medical aid for patients with long bone fractures, false joints, locomotor apparatus diseases, including limb deformities, osteoarthritis of joints, spinal osteochondrosis. There are used modern diagnostic techniques (ultrasound, densitometry, computed tomography) and modes of treatment (arthroscopy, internal, external, stable functional osteosynthesis, corrective osteotomy, joint replacement, reconstructive interventions on soft tissues and bones, osteosynthesis of all types of fractures, other methods).