Priority directions of research in the department:
- “Structural and functional state of bone tissue, physical development and status of vitamin D in school-age children”.
- "Clinical and metabolic justification for early diagnosis and prediction of arterial hypertension in adolescents”.
- “Metabolic-nutritional aspects of a health protection program in children engaged with sports.”
- “Clinical-pathogenetic justification of differentiated therapy in teenagers with GERD."
- “Clinical and pathogenetic reasoning of treatment and prophylaxis of recurrent bronchitis in orphans living in radiation-contaminated regions of Ukraine."
Starting from 2019, work had begun on the implementation of research initiative on the topic: "Clinical-pathogenetic and psychological features of the formation of somatic pathology in children and adolescents and improvement of therapeutic and preventive measures" for the next 5 years (2019-2023).
During the last 5 years the staff of the department has published a textbook, 178 printed works have been published in different periodicals, 5 of them are textbooks, 1 guidebook, 2 methodological recommendations, 10 information sheets. 2 articles were published in an international professional journal, included in the WEB of SCIENCE scientific metric database, and 1 article accepted and approved for publication.
Thanks to scientific developments of the department, our staff received 9 patents of Ukraine for utility models, 2 innovations. In 2019, 5 utility model patents are pending.
According to the results of the scientific research of the department, 4 dissertations were defended for the degree of candidate of medical sciences (2 of them in 2019), and 6 more works are currently being worked. All the performed studies cover the current trends:
- “Clinical and pathogenetic substantiation of antirecurrent treatment
of acetonemic vomiting syndrome in children with somatic diseases ”.
- “Clinical and pathogenetic justification of differentiated treatment
of chronic gastroduodenitis in adolescents ”.
- "Medical and Psychological Aspects of Health-protecting and
Health-forming technologies in young school children”.
Thanks to the diligence of our department, in 2017, The Academic school of pediatrics was initiated, which is held twice a year. 4 events were successfully held in Truskavets and Lviv. Over the past 5 years, there have been 7 international scientific and practical conferences on topical issues of pediatrics, neonatology and social pediatrics.
During the year, teachers of the department actively participate in conducting scientific and practical seminars within the framework of implementation of the National concept of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for continuous professional education of doctors (in all regions of Ukraine).
In recent years, more than 750 reports have been made at scientific forums, of which 41 are international level, 58 are master classes, 73 were in conference bridge format, including 2 international ones with the participation of the CIS countries and the EU).
The clinical bases of the department are accredited as the bases for clinical research. Employees have been trained and certified. Scientific researches of the department are carried out in close cooperation with the leading scientific institutions of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine: Kharkiv Specialized Medical-Genetic Center (General Director, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor O.G. Grechanina), D.F. Chebotariova Ukrainian Scientific-Medical Center of Osteoporosis Problems (General Director, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor V.V. Povorozniuk). Since 2019, an agreement on cooperation with the National Sports Center "Kiev Sports Center" has been concluded (director Manzhaliy V.V.).
Clinical residents and interns are involved in the scientific activity of the department, who perform fragments of scientific research according to the priority areas of said research, participate in conferences of young scientists and receive honors.
The foreground lines of investigation are:
- Optimizing treatment-and-rehabilitation measurements for children with combined digestive pathology. The clinical and pathogenetic ground of treating secretory and motor disorders in chronic gastroduodenitis in children.
- The features of psychophysical development of the infants born due to the assisted reproductive technologies.
- Perinatal lesion of the CNS.
Due to the findings the staff members acquired 36 patents, about 30 certificates of authorship, 7 innovations, more than 30 innovation proposals.
In the last two years the staff members have held the theoretical and practical workshops for realizing the National Continuing Education Program of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (there have been read 60 lectures and given masterclasses in the regions of Ukraine).
In 2010 on the initiative of the department and with the support of UNICEF, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and NMAPE the Baby Friendly Hospital was founded at one of the clinical bases of the department.
The staff members have held 4 international theoretical and practical conferences dealing with the actual issues of paediatrics.
The residency and internship paediatricians are engaged in research, they develop own research projects as consistent with the foreground lines of the department’s scientific effort.