Priority directions of scientific research of the department:
- "Clinical and pathogenetic substantiation of prevention treatment of cyclic vomiting syndromein children with somatic diseases".
- "Clinical and pathogenetic substantiation of differential treatment of chronic gastroduodenitis in adolescents".
- "Medical and psychological aspects of healthcare and healthforming technologies for children of primary school age".
- "Structural and functional state of bone tissue, physical development and vitamin D status in school-age children".
- "Clinical and metabolic substantiation of early diagnosis and prognosis of hypertension in adolescents".
- "Clinical and pathogenetic substantiation of treatment and prevention of recurrent bronchitis in orphan children living in radiation-polluted regions of Ukraine".
Up to the date, the department completes the research on the topic: "Preconditions for the formation of somatic pathology in children and adolescents and improvement of treatment and rehabilitation measures" (2014-2018). For the next 5 years it is planned to implement the research work "Clinical, pathogenetic and psychological peculiarities of the formation of somatic pathology in children and adolescents and improvement of medical and preventive measures".
According to the results of the research, 149 workswere published in various periodicals, including 5 teaching handbooks, 2 guidelines, 10 information letters. Thanks to scientific developments, the staff of the department received 9 Ukrainian patents for utility model, 2 innovations. According to the results of scientific research of the department, 2 research works for the PhD degree have been defended, 1 - submitted for protection, 6 more works are underway.
From 2017 the staff of the department started the annual Academic School of Pediatrics. Successfully conducted 2 events in Truskavets. Over the past 5 years, 7 scientific and practical conferences with international participation have been held on topical issues of pediatrics, neonatology and social pediatrics.
In recent years, more than 600 reports have been made at scientific forums, 34 of which on the international level, 46 master classes, 62 teleconferences, including 2 international ones with the participants from CIS countries and the European Union).
The foreground lines of investigation are:
- Optimizing treatment-and-rehabilitation measurements for children with combined digestive pathology. The clinical and pathogenetic ground of treating secretory and motor disorders in chronic gastroduodenitis in children.
- The features of psychophysical development of the infants born due to the assisted reproductive technologies.
- Perinatal lesion of the CNS.
Due to the findings the staff members acquired 36 patents, about 30 certificates of authorship, 7 innovations, more than 30 innovation proposals.
In the last two years the staff members have held the theoretical and practical workshops for realizing the National Continuing Education Program of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (there have been read 60 lectures and given masterclasses in the regions of Ukraine).
In 2010 on the initiative of the department and with the support of UNICEF, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and NMAPE the Baby Friendly Hospital was founded at one of the clinical bases of the department.
The staff members have held 4 international theoretical and practical conferences dealing with the actual issues of paediatrics.
The residency and internship paediatricians are engaged in research, they develop own research projects as consistent with the foreground lines of the department’s scientific effort.