In order to streamline the teaching and learning strategies at NMAPE and in line with Article 7 of the Law of Ukraine "On Education" (adopted by the Verkhovna Rada on 5 September 2017), declaring that "Educational institutions, including vocational, professional pre-university and higher education, provide the compulsory learning of the national language to the extent that offers a means for conducting professional activities in the chosen field using the national language", the Department of Foreign Languages has developed study guides on the "Ukrainian For Business Communication" course for Health Management Master’s Degree holders.
The "Ukrainian For Business Communication" course theoretical package suggests that the attendees acquire a basic vocabulary, the narrative and stylistic structures of medical language, avoid the most common mistakes in business speech.
Anyone who wants to improve the knowledge of business (medical) Ukrainian should know the concepts of speaking etiquette. The program provides for studying the sociocultural elements of business letters, phone conversations, correspondence, officialese.
The "Ukrainian For Business Communication" course main tasks are as follows:
- Introducing to the phonetic structure of the Ukrainian language.
- Studying the characteristic properties of phonetic transcription.
- Studying Ukrainian spelling.
- Analyzing the history and current status of the Ukrainian graphics.
- Mastering literary pronunciation and word stress.
- Learning stylistic and grammatical usages typically seen in medical reports.
60 hours / 2 ECTS credits are allocated to the course units.
The classes are conducted by the Assistant Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages Oliynyk I. Yu., who has been in teaching for 16 years.