LEVYTSKYI Mykhailo Andriiovych (1871–1942), MD, Dr. Sc. (1910), Full Professor (1912), Head of the Department of Ophthalmology (1918–1929). In 1895 he graduated from medical faculty of the University of St. Volodymyr. In 1909 Full Professor Levytskyi defended his doctoral thesis “On the Status of Students’ Eyes and about the Change of their Refractability during Studying”. He was the student of Full Professor O.V. Khodin. Principal research area: studying the efficiency of different surgical interventions on the eye and its appendages. He improved the technique of localization of pathological changes at eye grounds and their projection on the sclera. He developed the technique of extracting cysticercuses from the eye, improved the technique of the eyelid surgery with the help of free skin flaps. He was the first Chairman of the Clinical Institute for Physicians Improvement (1918-1922), director of the Kyiv Clinical Institute for Advanced Training of Physicians (1922). Among his students there was Full Professor I.A. Korenevych.
BYKHOVSKYI Hryhorii Borysovych (1861–1936), Full Professor, Head of the Department of Surgery (1922–1932) and Oncology (1932–1936). In 1889 he graduated from medical faculty of the University of St. Volodymyr. He was the student of Full Professor F.K. Borngaupt. Research area: early diagnosis and treatment of malignant tumors. In 1932 he organized Oncology Centre of the Kyiv X-ray Institute. He was the organizer of the first Oncology Clinic in Kyiv (1934). He was one of the founders of the Kyiv Clinical Institute for Advanced Training of Physicians.
LAZARIEV Oleksandr Zakharovych (1870–1951), Honored Scientist of USSR (1941), Full Professor (1922), Head of the Department of Children Diseases (1930–1951, up to 1931 р. — Late Childhood Diseases). In 1893 he graduated with highest distinction from medical faculty of the University of St. Volodymyr. In 1936 he earned MD, Dr. Sc. without defense of the dissertation. As a physician and scientist, Oleksandr Zakharovych grew at the Kyiv School of Therapists and Pediatricians, which had always been aimed at studying the problems of clinical medicine, developing and improving the methods of patient examination. He was the founder (1900), the secretary, and the Head of the Kyiv Society of Children's Doctors (since 1922). Full Professor Lazariev is the author of the first monograph on childhood tuberculosis in Ukraine. More than 200 scientific works were performed and 7 collections of research papers were published under his leadership. He is the author of over 30 scientific works focused on various issues of childhood pathology, which reflect his encyclopedic knowledge and philosophic intellect. Research area: problems of breast and artificial feeding of children, intestinal infections, children phthisiology. He was the Head of the Medical and Prophylactic Commission of the People's Commissariat of Health of USSR, a member of the editorial board of the journal “Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology”. Full Professor Lazariev was one of the founders of the Kyiv Clinical Institute for Advanced Training of Physicians. He fought in the Russo-Japanese War and the First World War. He was awarded the medal “For Valorous Labour in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945”, and the badge “Excellent Worker of Public Health”.
SKLOVSKYI Yevhen Lvovych (1869–1930), Full Professor (1922), the first Head of the Department of Childhood Protection (1918–1930). Having graduated from medical faculty of the University of St. Volodymyr, he worked as a zemsky doctor (1892-1896), later he was a university employee. In 1906 he organized the first consultation for newborns in Kyiv and in 1911 – the first day-nursery. In 1918-1920 he was the Head of the Department of Maternity and Childhood Protection of the Kyiv District Health Department. Research area: tuberculosis in children, diphtheria and other infectious diseases, death control among children, etc. He was one of the founders of the Kyiv Clinical Institute for Advanced Training of Physicians, children's therapeutic and preventive institutions of Kyiv, the “Kraplia Moloka (Drop of Milk)” social movement to benefit the poor population of Kyiv.
FRUMIN Illia Yosypovych (1876–1937), MD, Dr. Sc. (1929), Full Professor (1929), Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology (1926–1937). In 1902 he graduated from medical faculty of the University of St. Volodymyr. He was the student of Full Professors S.I. Spasokukotskyi, H.B. Bykhovskyi, Lange (Munich). Full Professor Frumin is the author of about 20 scientific works. Research area: treatment of bone and joint tuberculosis, spondylitis, Little's disease, congenital dislocation of residual limb. He was one of the organizers of the Kyiv Clinical Institute for Advanced Training of Physicians, as well as the first member of the editorial board of the journal of Orthopedics and Traumatology.